Wow! I had a blast with my most recent vacation! I had the opportunity to go back east with some colleagues and follow the route our country took to become the country that it is!! We started our trip visiting the site of Plymouth rock, this is a picture taken with the Mayflower II in the background.
So we followed the Freedom Trail in Boston, this is a picture of me at the top of the Bunker Hill Memorial- yes I climbed all 294 steps and yes I was sweating by the time I finished. The view was amazing from the top- I learned so much in Boston, I can't wait to share what I learned with my students!!
This is a picture of me in a whaling ship laying on the bunk- there was NOT a lot of room to sleep. We also went over to Philadelphia and saw Independence Hall, along with the Liberty Bell (that was cool)!
After Philadelphia we headed up to Washington DC- I have been there before but I forgot how neat it was. My favorite memorial was the WWII memorial- amazing!! I even got to take a picture with George Washington, the statue shows his actual size (did not know he would have been a great choice for our Utah Jazz, he was tall)!
It is always nice to come back home to my family!! I brought them back a few gifts, their favorites were the gummi lobsters from Boston and the chocolate coins for the mint in Philadelphia!! I am already planning a trip with my family, I can't wait for them to go so I can share what I learned with them!!