Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas with the Cousins



Christmas with the Cousins!!

This year for Christmas my parents asked us to do a service project instead of giving them a gift.  Together as a family we decided to do a Christmas Cousin Daycare so.....we had 13 kids come over and we planned crafts and activities with them.  Kylie was in charge of a snowman pop craft, Brendon was in charge of helping the cousins make plug covers as a gift to their parents, Corbin was in charge of the entertainment which was Christmas stories and a movie and then Dallin was in charge of making place mats with the cousins.  It was a HUGE success.  We had soooo much fun with all the cousins and we were completely wore out when the parents came back.  Our kids are already thinking of a new service project for next year.  They have some pretty good ideas but we will have to wait and see what the family decides on together!! 





This is Camryn working on her placemat.  She spent an hour on the details and when you look at all the finished placemats you will realize that Camryn is a true artist!  The boys were in a little bit of a hurry so i would have to say the girls completely rocked the house with their artistic talent!!



Caleb and Elle working hard!                       The gang watching a movie!


Making snowman pop dudes!  Kylie was an amazing teacher!      
Jonah is an extrememly talented little guy (heck yeah it's a soccer ball)!



Breeley wearing her diaper on the wrong end!  LOL

Okay so the pic of Brynn is my favorite time of the whole night.  Let me tell you a little about it.  So I have this ceramic nativity scene and I was walking by and noticed baby Jesus was missing.  I asked all the kids if they knew where he was and they all said no except Brynn, who looked down at the ground.  So I narrowed in on Brynn and asked her again.  She looked at me and said I thought it was a girl, I didn't know it was Jesus.  I told her I wasn't mad and that I just wanted him back.  She dug into her pocket and out came baby Jesus- she had kept him safe.  Brynn placed him back in the manger and skipped off to play.  Wow!  She is such a doll and in her pocket was the last place I thought I would find baby Jesus!!



This is the whole clan playing games and having a good time together!  Fun times- can't wait to see what the new year brings with 'cousin adventures'!